Awesome in-wall sound from Revel
Revel’s W383 in-wall speaker offers accurate sound at a solid value. This model is a step-up from their entry-level W283, and it features an improved 8″ micro-ceramic composite (MCC) woofer for better bass and midrange performance. This speaker is an excellent choice for an in-wall stereo system, or as a left or right channel in a Revel home theater system.
Revel’s W283 in-wall speaker features an integrated tweeter waveguide, which provides excellent sound across a wide area.
If this is a do-it-yourself install, check out my guide to installing in-wall speakers, along with our selection of in-speaker wire. You can paint the included magnetic grille to have your speaker blend in with your décor.
Who is Revel?
Revel is one of the high-performance audio companies of global electronics giant Harman International. Since 1996, Revel has used cutting-edge design tools and one-of-a-kind testing facilities to develop speakers that measure well and sound amazing. The intensive design work happens at Harman’s state-of-the-art speaker R & D facility in Northridge, California.
- ideal for an in-wall music system or as the left or right channel of a home theater system
- 8″ aluminum cone woofer with cast-polymer frame
- long-throw woofer design with rubber surround for high output and low distortion
- 1″ aluminum dome tweeter
- integrated waveguide provides excellent on- and off-axis performance
- high-order crossover network delivers accurate timbre reproduction
- spring clip speaker connectors
- paintable zero-bezel magnetic grille
- recommended amplifier power: 10-100 watts
- sensitivity: 88 dB
- cutout dimensions: 8-15/16″W x 11-15/16″H
- overall dimensions: 10″W x 13″H
- mounting depth: 3-3/4″
- weight: 4.4 lbs.